Join us and come closer to Norway’s spectacular scenery and captivating wildlife. Since 1893 our ships have been a vital link between the cities, towns and hamlets in Norway, carrying local passengers, freight and guests. No one knows how to sail or explore these waters better than us, and we guarantee sights, adventures and experiences that you will cherish forever.
The seasons in Norway are very different from each other and our on board excursions, restaurant menus and shore excursions change according to the time of year and the waters we sail in. Hurtigruten is known as the World’s most beautiful voyage and each season brings with it new opportunities to experience our voyages in an entirely different ‘light’.
Discover the beauty of Norway’s coastline where every season provides an ever-changing backdrop to a journey of matchless wonder. Choose the 12-day Classic Round Voyage or enjoy one of our shorter journeys. On the next few pages you can learn more about our journeys during the different seasons.
- In spring the warmth returns to the shores of Norway and sunlight rejuvenates life along the coastline. Rising higher and higher each day, the sun works overtime to thaw the frozen land.
The Land of the Midnight Sun truly lives up to its name during summer. The extended daylight, lasting 24 hours a day above the Arctic Circle, makes every Norwegian ‘night’ a joy to behold.
As summer fades and changes to autumn, watch the coastline shift colours from one season to another. Along the Norwegian shores the clear air strengthens the reds and yellows which fill the mountain sides, hilltops and woods. Autumn is a tranquil time on board Hurtigruten, and you get the time to enjoy the bright colours, the fresh air and the beautiful scenery we pass.
A winter expedition along the coast of Norway is a refreshing experience. The landscape is covered in pure white snow and the air is fresh, pure and crisp. This is a special time to explore Norway’s northern reaches with Hurtigruten, when you can experience a magical winter wonderland and hopefully see the mesmerising Aurora Borealis.
CLASSIC SPRING VOYAGES
In spring the sun returns to rejuvenate the Norwegian shores and temperatures begin rising as life returns to the land. Days become longer and springtime colours infuse the landscape as the Arctic grip recedes. At this time, interesting presentations will be held and activities arranged both on board and on land. You can choose between a 6, 7, 11 and 12-day spring cruise. The ports that are visited by night on the Voyage North are visited by day on the Voyage South. In the larger towns and cities you will have plenty of time to go ashore or join our varied excursions. Below you will find spring highlights, the day to day itinerary, and prices.
- Experience three seasons in one journey, and the contrasts between northern and southern Norway.
- In spring you can also take part in several of our winter activities north of the Arctic Circle. For example, a snowmobile trip in Lapland, a stay at the Snow Hotel and dog sledging.
- The unique migratory bird-life at this time of the year.
- As part of our spring programme, you can participate in several on board activities and shore excursions focusing on Norway’s seaand birdlife.
- See the beautiful Trollfjord.
- Cross the Arctic Circle and enjoy the return of the Midnight Sun from the 14th of May.
CLASSIC SUMMER VOYAGES
The Classic Round Voyage with Hurtigruten is a spectacular summer journey. Enjoy the changing landscape of over 2,400km of coastline. Below you will find the Summer highlights, day to day cruise itinerary and prices. Hurtigruten’s Classic Voyages offer 12-, 11-, 7- and 6-day options. The ports that are visited by night on the journey northbound are visited by day on the journey south. In the larger towns and cities you will have plenty of time to go ashore or join our varied excursions.
- Experience Geirangerfjord and Trollfjord, both of which are at their most beautiful at this time of year.
- Above the Arctic Circle you can experience the Midnight Sun and 24 hours of daylight.
- Enjoy the views as we sail through the incredible Lofoten and Vesterålen Islands.
CLASSIC AUTUMN VOYAGES
The Classic Round Voyage with Hurtigruten in autumn is a relaxing cruise. As summer fades, watch the coastline change from one season to the next and enjoy the shifting lights and colours. On our Classic Voyage, choose from 6, 7, 11 or 12 days on board. The ports that are visited by night on the Voyage North are visited by day on the Voyage South. In the larger towns and cities you will have plenty of time to go ashore or join our varied excursions.
VOYAGE HIGHLIGHTSWinter is perhaps the most special time to explore the wild and untamed Norwegian scenery. The landscape is covered in virgin snow and the air is fresh, pure and crisp. Clusters of cosy houses glow on the shores like embers. The stunning backdrop of snow-clad mountains reflects the polar twilight.Sailing with Hurtigruten to Norway’s northern reaches, you can experience a magical winter wonderland and hopefully see the Northern Lights. We provide the best chances of experiencing this magic colour show as it changes from light green to dark purple flickering across the Arctic sky.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.